Starting from scratch is the hardest part of the client-finding process, and Kathy is getting ready to start again for the 4th time in her 4th location (moved due to her husband’s job each time) so she brings a wealth of experience in getting past that hurdle and growing her business.
Kathy also brings a unique perspective having qualified originally in the UK, then becoming certified in the US as a reflexologist.
Some of the topics we talked about include:
- Working out of a wellness clinic in Georgia where people weren’t familiar with reflexology
- Volunteering with hospice and dementia patients
- Working out of her own solo office in Chicago
- Her struggle to find a space on her 3rd move
- Figuring out who your ideal clients are
- Getting referrals for clients who have anxiety
- How your own confidence can impact your success
- Joining network groups
- Perseverance or luck?
- Having a nursing background as a reflexologist
- Doing Zoom videos
- Mistakes she’s made
- Not getting pressured by salespeople
- Valuing your time
- Discount voucher people aren’t as likely to be regular clients
- Value-added benefits and reciprocity
- Rebooking at the end of the session
- Online booking tips
- The benefit of having training buddies
- The value of good client assessments
- GDPR guidelines in the UK
- Website marketing
- Local vendor fair tips
About Kathy Duvall
Kathy Duvall has been a reflexologist for the past 12 years, doing initial training in the UK then working in France, Georgia, Illinois and back to Georgia! She has now returned to her own country, the UK and is about to restart her practice there. She is excited to share her experiences of being a traveling reflexologist with you!
About the Soul to Sole Interview Series
Marketing and growing a successful reflexology business looks a little different for each reflexologist and sometimes the best way to learn and grow is by hearing about what others are doing. This series features reflexologists from across the globe, with different experiences and approaches to growing their business.
Join the OnPoint Holistic Marketing email list to be the first to know when new interviews are released. If you’d like to be featured in an upcoming interview, please reach out.
Get More Reflexology Clients!
Join now! Email subscribers get instant access to 5 QUICK TIPS to give your marketing a boost in addition to emails every other week with tips to help you get more clients.
Best of all, it's tailored specifically to your needs as a reflexologist!
Did you see these recent interviews?
Wish marketing felt easier?
Get Done-For-You Marketing Content
that’s ready (and easy) to implement when you join the More Feet Club. Professional marketing on a DIY budget, designed just for reflexologists!