During the interview Sheila shares her journey where she started out by doing mostly events and working corporate gigs, to buying a tent and working out of the park, to manifesting her spa about a year and a half ago and weathering COVID-19’s impact on her business.
A few of the areas we cover include:
- The importance of having a vision board and how it’s directed and helped her create the business she dreamed of
- Letting the feet guide you in picking a target audience
- Giving clients the full VIP treatment
- Going above and beyond with special packages like couple’s reflexology
- Diversifying her offerings which helped during the COVID shutdown
- Thinking beyond just packing in clients back to back all day which can lead to fatigue and burnout
- Attending holistic fairs
- Working on clients through corporate accounts as an employee benefit
- Having a magnet sign on your car
- Scheduling consults before a session
- Specializing in multiple sclerosis and lymphatic issues
- Getting people to think about their feet more
- Thinking about how you can incorporate feet in other things you do too
- Selling specialized and related products
- Bringing other reflexologists in to help out
About Sheila Hall
Sheila Lavonne Hall is a Functional Medicine Health coach and she incorporates holistic health and wellness initiatives into her practice. Helping people to find the root cause of their disease and imbalances, teaching others how to use food as medicine and showing how to incorporate natural healing choices into their lifestyle in order to gain hormonal balances, great gut health and to help with pain management is her passion. Sheila’s moto is, “You don’t know how good you can feel, until you start feeling well.”
She is a graduate of Morgan State University and has a B.S. in Medical Technology and a Masters in Healthcare Administration. She is a certified Nutritional Therapist, Reflexologist, Sound Therapist, Herbalist and has a certification in essential oil therapy. Sheila is also a certified Revelation Wellness Fitness Instructor and a certified Master Holy Yoga Instructor specializing in Yoga Therapy. You can view her website here.
Sheila uses her health and fitness initiatives to do outreach projects such as participating in the Rim to Him Grand Canyon Hike for charity and HopeFest 2012. Sheila is currently forming her Non-Profit, The Black Tent, Yoga and Wellness Therapy for women of color.
Being a writer for publications such as Faith and Fitness Magazine and Revelation Wellness, Sheila released her first published book, “Spiritual Healing using Natural Health” in which she references the natural practices we can do to keep ourselves not just physically healthy but spiritual healthy as it is referenced in the Bible.
Sheila gives great praise for to have been blessed to be the first Holy Yoga instructor for the One Luv Gospel Cruise in 2011 and 2012. Sheila Hall has appeared on various shows and tours with the likes of Yolanda Adams Health and Wellness tour, BeBe & CeCe Winans, Kirk Franklin, Byron Cage, Marvin Sapp, Tyler Perry, and The Braxtons, to name a few and a guest on The Steve Harvey’s Morning Radio Show, Radio One and Let’s Talk Live. Sheila’s practice, Unique Scripts, Whole Body Reflexology and Wellness Spa is located in Randallstown, Maryland.
Learn more about Sheila and her services here.
About the Soul to Sole Interview Series
Marketing and growing a successful reflexology business looks a little different for each reflexologist and sometimes the best way to learn and grow is by hearing about what others are doing. This series features reflexologists from across the globe, with different experiences and approaches to growing their business.
Join the OnPoint Holistic Marketing email list to be the first to know when new interviews are released. If you’d like to be featured in an upcoming interview, please reach out.
Did you see these recent interviews?
Wish marketing felt easier?
Get Done-For-You Marketing Content
that’s ready (and easy) to implement when you join the More Feet Club. Get professional marketing on a DIY budget. Best of all, it’s designed just for reflexologists!